Air conditioners, or AC, are becoming items of necessity in India as the summer temperatures keep on rising. Air conditioners provide comfort from all types of heat – dry or humid. Air conditioners pull out the hot air from the room and replace it with cool air. You can control the temperature – depending on your comfort level. You can also regulate the fan speed and the dryness levels. Workaround the regulators and controls until you find the perfect suitable conditions.
How Does an Air Conditioner Work?
Air conditioners, or AC, are becoming items of necessity in India as the summer temperatures keep on rising. Air conditioners provide comfort from all types of heat – dry or humid.
Air conditioners pull out the hot air from the room and replace it with cool air. You can control the temperature – depending on your comfort level. You can also regulate the fan speed and the dryness levels. Workaround the regulators and controls until you find the perfect suitable conditions.
What are the Benefits of an Air Conditioner?
- Lowers the risk of asthma – An AC reduces the humidity of a room. It also brings down the levels of pollens and other airborne allergic agents. These agents can increase asthmatic conditions.
- Brings down insect and parasite levels – With closed windows and the AC filter on, bugs and insects have a much lesser chance of entering your room. This protects you and your pet (if any) and keeps your house cleaner.
- Ensures better sleep – At the end of a hard day at work, a night of comfortable sleep is a basic requirement. And a hot and humid room is hardly conducive to that.
- Lowers risks of dehydration – When the AC is on, you sweat much less or not at all. That helps you to maintain your body’s water levels.
- Reduces noise – For an AC to function properly, you must close the doors and windows of your house. That causes a significant reduction of the outside noise levels in your room, thus helping you to relax.
How to Maintain Your Air Conditioner?
At the onset of the summer season, there is a huge rush of people to the electronics outlets to buy air conditioners. There are many who buy and use an AC, but are all of us aware of the maintenance of the gadget?
We do sign service contracts with servicing companies that do their job once or twice a year. But we need to do our bit to ensure that the AC remains in good working condition so that we can enjoy its benefits for quite some time. So, let’s take a look at some simple ways to maintain the “cooling factor” in our homes.
- Regular changing of the air filters – The air filter prevents all the dirt and dust from entering our rooms but in the process, becomes extremely dirty itself. So, its capacity for efficient performance decreases. We need to clean it at least once a month to ensure its proper functioning.
- Keeping the coils clean – As we saw, the coils work to absorb the heat from your room and keep your room cool. With time, dirt covers the coil. As a result, the AC has to put in more effort to cool your room. So, keep the outdoor unit of your AC dust-free.
- Keep a check on the fins – If the fins bend, it will affect the airflow. So, make sure that they are straight all the time.
12 Best AC Companies in India
It doesn’t matter whether you are going to buy a 1 Ton or 1.5 Ton AC, the manufacture should be good. Let’s take a look at the top AC brands in India. The listing is based on user feedback and performance reviews:
Voltas air conditioners have become popular AC brands not only because of Made in India product but also due to their energy-efficient machines that provide fantastic cooling in a short while. They have wide area coverage but as my personal experience, customer support need a better improvement..
Price: The price of their ACs range between Rs 23k to Rs 45k approx.
Haier manufactures a range of electronic items like refrigerators, washing machines, AC, etc. Their air conditioners are renowned for their durability, excellent cooling, and low electricity consumption.
Price: The price range is between Rs 20k to 50k approx, as per specifications.
This South Korean company is counted among the popular AC brands in India. Their air conditioners always follow the latest manufacturing technology, thus ensuring top-class products for the customers.
Price: Their ACs are priced between Rs 20k to Rs 80k approx.
4) Blue Star
Blue Star is among the oldest and most reputed electronic companies in India.They have been around for almost 80 years now. Their split air conditioners are more popular, owing to their wonderful performance.
Price: The price range of Blue Star ACs is from Rs 16k to Rs 55k approx.
Carrier Midea India is among the top providers of air conditioners. Their wide range of ACs makes it possible for them to have customers across income levels.
Price: Carrier air conditioners are priced between Rs 20k to Rs 64k approx.
Hitachi is almost a century-old Japanese electronics major. It has been in India for quite some time, providing quality products. Japanese products are known for being energy efficient, and Hitachi is no exception. The auto climate technology is a notable feature of the Hitachi air conditioners.
Price: The price range of Hitachi ACs is between Rs 21k to Rs 71k approx.
The company began operations almost 70 years ago. They have covered a long road since then. Their offering of ACs is quite varied, in both the window and split variants.
Price: The price range is between Rs 32k to Rs 65k approx.
The split ACs of Daikin are among the most popular in India. The company has been around in India for a fair amount of time and understands the Indian conditions and consumer psyche perfectly. Their ACs are popular due to their being high on performance and low on electricity consumption.
Price: Range is between Rs 22k to Rs 94k approx.
This Korean major has also been present in India for quite some time. Though more people might associate them with mobiles before any other product, they produce good quality air conditioners, too.
Price: The price range of Samsung ACs is between Rs 22k to Rs 66k approx.
The Godrej Group is among the premier and most well-known business houses of India. They are into diversified businesses, including electronics. Their eco-friendly ACs ensure that your room is cooled without causing alarming damage to the environment.
Price: Range between Rs 20k to Rs 52k.
This company has etched its name in the hearts of Indians with their catchy “neighbor’s envy, owner’s pride” slogan. Their product quality backs their statement and the same is the case with their air conditioners.
Price: Onida ACs are priced between Rs 20k and Rs 62k.
The Japanese electronics major Panasonic is present in India for a long time. It has also forayed into the Indian air conditioner segment as they are well aware of the Indian conditions. Their eco-friendly ACs come with high ratings and excellent cooling capacity.
Price: The prices are between Rs 21k and Rs 62k.
So, these are the top 12 AC brands in India. There are some other players as well, but these 12 are the more renowned and dependable ones. When you plan to buy your AC, contact the representatives of these companies or visit a multi-company dealership. You will receive a detailed demonstration that will make your job much easier.
List of Top 12 AC Brands in India
|Sl. No.||Brand Name||Establishment||Headquarter||Website|
|3||LG||1958||Seoul, South Korea||https://www.lg.com/in|
|4||Blue Star||1943||Mumbai, India||https://www.bluestarindia.com/|
|5||Carrier||1915||Florida, United States||https://www.carrier.com/|
|9||Samsung||1938||Seoul, South Korea||https://www.samsung.com/in/|
So these were the top AC brands manufacturer in India. If you have used any one of the AC companies then do let me know your feedback and reviews by adding your comment below.